Zyrtec 24 Hour Allergy Relief Tablets
$ 22.27 per inhaler
Brand: ZyrtecBuy on
Zyrtec 24 Hour Allergy Relief Tablets are antiallergic drug. It is a blocker of histamine H1 receptors, a competitive histamine antagonist, a metabolite of hydroxyzine. It prevents the development and facilitates the course of allergic reactions. It has an antipruritic and antiexudative effect. It influences the early histamine-dependent stage of allergic reactions, limits the release of inflammatory mediators at the late stage of an allergic reaction, reduces the migration of eosinophils, neutrophils and basophils, stabilizes the membranes of mast cells. It reduces capillary permeability, prevents the development of tissue edema, relieves spasm of smooth muscles. It eliminates skin reaction to the introduction of histamine, specific allergens. Zyrtec reduces histamine-induced bronchoconstriction in mild bronchial asthma.
Indications for use
- Treatment of symptoms of perennial and seasonal allergic rhinitis and allergic conjunctivitis, such as itching, sneezing, rhinorrhea, lacrimation, conjunctival hyperemia;
- Hay fever;
- Urticaria (including chronic idiopathic urticaria);
- Quincke’s edema;
- Other allergic dermatoses, accompanied by itching and rashes.
- The hematopoietic system: thrombocytopenia.
- The nervous system: drowsiness, dizziness, headache, aggression, agitation, confusion, depression, hallucinations, insomnia, tic, convulsions, dyskinesia, dystonia, paresthesia, fainting, tremor.
- The organ of vision: violation of accommodation, blurred vision, nystagmus.
- The cardiovascular system: tachycardia.
- The respiratory system: rhinitis, pharyngitis.
- The digestive system: dry mouth, nausea, abdominal pain, diarrhea, liver dysfunction (increased levels of transaminases, alkaline phosphatase, GGT, bilirubin).
- The urinary system: urination disorder, enuresis.
- Allergic reactions: itching, rash, urticaria, angioedema, hypersensitivity, up to the development of anaphylactic shock.
- Metabolism: an increase in body weight.
- Others: fatigue, asthenia, malaise, edema.
Side effects develop in very rare cases.
- End-stage renal failure (CC <10 ml / min);
- Lactation period (breastfeeding);
- Hereditary galactose intolerance, lactase deficiency or glucose-galactose malabsorption syndrome;
- Children under 6 years of age (for tablets);
- Children under 6 months of age (for drops);
- Hypersensitivity to drug components;
- Hypersensitivity to hydroxyzine.
The drug should be prescribed with caution in chronic renal failure (dosage adjustment is required), chronic liver diseases, elderly patients (due to a possible decrease in glomerular filtration).
Zyrtec during pregnancy and lactation
Zyrtec is contraindicated for use during pregnancy and lactation.
Symptoms: when taking the drug once in a dose over 50 mg, confusion, diarrhea, dizziness, fatigue, headache, malaise, mydriasis, itching, weakness, sedation, drowsiness, stupor, tachycardia, tremor, urinary retention are possible to appear.
Treatment: immediately after taking the drug, gastric lavage should be performed or artificially induced vomiting. The appointment of activated carbon, symptomatic and supportive therapy is recommended. There is no specific antidote. Hemodialysis is ineffective.
- When studying the drug interaction of cetirizine (Zyrtec) with pseudoephedrine, cimetidine, ketoconazole, erythromycin, azithromycin, glipizide and diazepam, no clinically significant undesirable interaction was revealed.
- When administered in combination with theophylline (400 mg / day), the total clearance of cetirizine decreases by 16% (the theophylline kinetics does not change).
- The simultaneous appointment with macrolides and ketoconazole records no changes in the ECG.
- When using the drug in therapeutic doses, data on the interaction with alcohol (with a blood alcohol concentration of 0.5 g/l) were not obtained. However, the patient should refrain from drinking alcohol during drug therapy in order to avoid depression of the central nervous system.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.